top of page
Discount Attraction Tickets & Hotel Packages
Book Online or Call 800-636-8026
Top 10 California Adventure Photo Spots
Since the opening of Disney California Adventure park in 2001, and its reimagined renovation in 2012, California Adventure has earned its rightful place as a stand alone destination worthy of sharing the same location as Walt's original dream - Disneyland.
Featuring more than 35 adventures and attractions such as Buena Vista Street, Cars Land, Soarin' Around the World and Grizzly River Run, California Adventure is a picture takers dream. Packed with dozens of locations to snap that perfect photo, we compiled ten of our favorite locations to help you plan your photo locations. We hope our top ten list of California Adventure photo spots help you make magical memories.
1. Clang, Clang goes the bell which tells you you've arrived at the Red Trolley Car stop on Buena Vista Street. Start your Disney photo album here.
2. Stop off at the early Walt Disney and Mickey statue at the top of Buena Vista Street for a quick selfie with the man and the mouse that started it all.
Walt describes his arriving in Hollywood, California on the Santa Fe California Limited with $40 and a cardboard suitcase.
" It was July 1923 … With that wonderful audacity of youth, I went to Hollywood, arriving there with just $40. It was a big day, the day I got on that Santa Fe California Limited. I was just free and happy.”
3. Grizzly River Run viewing area. If you're the designated photog for your adventurers, then Grizzly RIver Run offers an excellent viewing opportunity with multiple spots to watch your group come plunging down the waterfall in full screaming mode. Don't forget to put those cell phones in a waterproof containers.
4. Paradise Pier has many picture perfect spots to get those great family photos. Of course, it's always a challenge to find a spot that isn't packed with throngs of people. That's why we love this spot, looking across the lagoon from the World of Color viewing area. There is usually plenty of room and no people to give your group room to ham it up.
5. Just off Route 66 in Cars Land looking back at Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters. This scene makes for a beautiful night shot. The popcorn lights cast a soft warm hue over the stage while the car's headlights add beautiful elements to the scene making your California Adventure tickets a solid investment in your Disneyland photo album memories.
6. Cars Land looking out over Ornament Valley from the pathway leading to Pacific Wharf. It's hard to believe you're looking at an Imagineer made structure. Ornament Valley is immense in scope and size offering shutterbugs incredible scenes of towing cliffs and rock formations.
Fun Fact - The peaks of Cadillac Range (from left to right), represent Cadillac tail fins from 1957, 1958, 1959 (the tallest), 1960, 1961 and 1962. Pretty cool!
7. At the rock, entrance into Cars Land coming from Pacific Wharf offers a unique view of Ornament Valley. We love taking photos anywhere in Cars Land. Photos taken at night are particularly stunning. The entire Cadillac range is lit with a dazzling array of color splashed across its rocky peaks.
8. This scene is from just off Route 66 across on the pathway from Flo's V8 Cafe' leading to Pacific Wharf. Anywhere along this pathway from Route 66 to Pacific Wharf offers amazing vistas for your Disneyland family photo album. TIP: Wait for your group to coming zooming by for a great action photo. Disney PhotPass photographers are also on hand along the path for a more professional shot. Now you can get in the photo! CHEESE!
9. In front of the glimmering exterior of The Collector's Fortress at Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission BREAKOUT! This imposing structure looms over the promenade beckoning all who enter to get ready for the rescue mission of your life as Rocket solicits your help in the craziest break-out scheme in Galaxy history,
10. Cars Land lighting at dusk has become an event of its own offering guests the chance to be part of a special time at California Adventure as well as snap some stunning photos. Be sure to give your group enough time to get there, especially on crowded days as the Cars Land lighting only lasts a minute. Exactly at dusk, Cars Land comes alive as the 50's favorite, "Life Could Be a Dream," begins blaring out over the speakers. Begining with the Radiator Springs Racers sign, then City Hall, Flo's V8 Cafe', Cozy Cone Motel, Radiator Springs Curious signs along with the entire Cadillac Range come ablaze with light and color. Disney PhotpPass photographers are available up and down Route 66 as well.
bottom of page