Top 10 Disneyland Park Photo Spots
SInce opening day in 1955, Disneyland has invited over 700 million guests to leave the real world behind for one of dreams and make-believe. Encompassing 85 acres, Disneyland park features eight completely different themed lands and more than 60 rides and attractions including the newest land from far, far, away - Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
Taking pictures at Disneyland is part of the fun. You'll need to scope out the best spots along the way. To help, we compiled a list of our top 10 favorite Disneyland photo spots.
1. Everyone knows where the Micky flower portrait is just inside the main gates. Before you head into the park, gather the group for that first pic with Mickey's flower portrait in the background. The perfect opening shot to start the day or night.
Photos by Paul Hiffmeyer/Disneyland Resort
2. On the balcony of the Disneyland Train Station looking up Main Street. This gives your group a slightly elevated view with Main Street and Sleeping Beauty Castle in the background,
3. A day of picture taking at Disneyland can't go without a shot of the iconic Walt Disney and Mickey statue at the end of Main Street U.S.A. Note, The flower bed around the statue are regularly updated with annuals to coincide with the season.
4. The entrance to Sleeping Beauty Castle offers a fun and visually stunning photo opportunity. Disney PhotoPass photographers are also always on hand to snap that perfect family photo. Sleeping Beauty Castle is an even better photo spot for those eye-popping photos as Disney decorates the castle for national holidays like the 4th of July and Christmas.
5. The Finding Nemo lagoon from the boarding platform. This will get the Matterhorn in the background. This spot is particularly beautiful at night with the lagoon and submarines night time lighting.
6. The entrance to Tomorrowland in front of Astro Orbitor. I've always loved Astro Orbitor's shapes, colors, and lighting. so we had to add it to our top 10 list of best photo spots.
7. Rivers of America - Anywhere along the river makes for beautiful pictures but we particularly like the view looking back across the river to the Fantasmic stage. Wait for the Mark Twain or the Columbia to sail by for an even better shot.
8. To the side of it's a small world on the way to Toontown. This is a great vantage point of small world, especially during the Christmas Holidays.
9. In front of Haunted Mansion. Disney Imagineers and the Horticulture teams always have something new to look at. From planting annuals to holiday decorations, Haunted Mansion is always a photo favorite.
10. Mad Tea Party - Inspired by Alice in Wonderland, Mad Tea Party is an explosion of color and spinning cups offering the photog in your group a picture perfect shot. For the more adventurous, slow down your shutter speed for amazing blurs.
MOUSE TIME MAGAZINE
Guide to the Disneyland Resort
DISNEYLAND SUMMER SPECIAL ISSUE